Eugene, OR - The days of a Eugene homeless camp called Whoville appear to be numbered.
The City Council voted Wednesday to endorse the city manager's plan to start closing the camp by April.
The Register-Guard reports the council also voted to create a smaller camp called a rest stop that could accommodate about 15 of the 40 Whoville residents.
The city took initials steps last month to close Whoville but delayed after supporters asked for more time for campers to find other sites.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line