Eugene, OR - A Eugene church would welcome a new cell phone tower on the front lawn. Pastor Aaron Taylor of Crossfire Ministries says the community could use better wireless service.
The Register-Guard reports the 75-foot tower would be disguised to look like a tree with branches and needles to fit in with numerous large Ponderosa pines in the neighborhood.
ATT has submitted preliminary plans for the tower but has yet to apply for permits.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter