Eugene, OR - A Eugene burglary suspect who gave police a fake name and said he was 17 years old was moved from the Lane County Juvenile Justice Center to the county jail after fingerprints showed he actually was 19.
The Register-Guard reports Jorge Fernandez Perez was arraigned Tuesday as an adult on charges of trespass, burglary and interfering with a police officer.
A woman called 911 Monday night and said she surprised a burglar in her home. Officers found the suspect a short time later hiding under the deck of another home.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march