RICHLAND, Wash. - The Environmental Protection Agency has assessed fines totaling $115,000 to the U.S. Department of Energy at Hanford.
The penalties are for violations of asbestos management that occurred as a result of Hanford building demolitions in 2009 and 2010. The violations were discovered by the EPA last year.
The Energy Department has 15 days to dispute whether these violations occurred.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line