RICHLAND, Wash. - The U.S. Department of Energy has agreed to pay Energy Northwest $23.6 million in damages for its failure to accept used nuclear fuel.
The Tri-City Herald reports the Energy Department also agreed to an annual claims process to continue to pay costs through 2016.
Energy Northwest operates the state's only nuclear power plant, located on the Hanford Nuclear Reservation near the Tri-Cities.
- Pay-by-phone app no longer working in downtown Spokane
- Street closed on 26th and Pines due to water main break
- Zag fans face cold to catch final MBB home game
- Solid waste collectors and police collaborate to fight crime
- Spokane's beloved K9 Laslo retires
- City of Spokane tries new techniques to tackle potholes