RICHLAND, Wash. - The U.S. Department of Energy has agreed to pay Energy Northwest $23.6 million in damages for its failure to accept used nuclear fuel.
The Tri-City Herald reports the Energy Department also agreed to an annual claims process to continue to pay costs through 2016.
Energy Northwest operates the state's only nuclear power plant, located on the Hanford Nuclear Reservation near the Tri-Cities.
- Security upped following Manito Park shooting
- Safety tips for people heading outdoors over Memorial Day weekend
- Three killed and several injured in Grant County crash
- DUI arrests still high even with millions using ride apps
- Washington second largest wine producing region in U.S.
- City of Spokane launches Fix-it-Fest 2017