EATONVILLE, Wash. - The U.S. Postal Service is paying tribute to National Park Ranger Margaret Anderson who was shot and killed in 2012 while doing her job at Mount Rainier National Park.
The Eatonville Post Office will be dedicated in her honor at a ceremony next week. Congressman Dave Reichert sponsored legislation to authorize the dedication, which will be marked with a plaque.
Anderson's father, Reichert and Park Superintendent Randy King are scheduled to speak at the event.
Anderson had served with the National Park Service for 12 years. She was killed while attempting to stop a man fleeing from the Longmire Ranger Station after she set up a traffic block. Four others were injured in the shooting. She is survived by her husband, who is also a park ranger, and two young children.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday