BLACKFOOT, Idaho - A popular southeastern Idaho science teacher will keep her job but is being placed on probation.
The Snake River School District Board of Trustees on Monday determined that Elaine Asmus didn't violate harassment and bullying policies.
But the board also determined she did violate the Idaho Code of Professional Ethics for Professional Educators.
Earlier this month the school board held two packed hearings that added up to about 15 hours concerning renewing Asmus' contract.
The case is highly unusual because a formal complaint was filed against Asmus by another teacher who is also the wife of the superintendent of the eastern Idaho school district.
Asmus says she's happy and thankful to remain in the school district.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives