IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - An eastern Idaho man who shot and killed a 21-year-old woman has pleaded guilty to first-degree murder.
The Post Register reports that 23-year-old Adan Arroyo of Blackfoot made the plea Tuesday in 7th District Court.
As part of the plea deal, prosecutors dropped a deadly weapon enhancement and won't seek the death penalty.
The agreement requires Arroyo to give a full accounting of what happened on Jan. 19, 2013, when Kristy Aschliman of Idaho Falls was shot four times and left for dead on the side of the road near Ammon.
Witnesses have testified that Arroyo chased Aschliman while shooting her, and when she fell to her knees Arroyo shot her in the head.
The plea deal requires Arroyo to testify if charges are brought against anyone else.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some