IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Authorities in Jefferson County in southeast Idaho say an explosive device severed a 14-year-old boy's left hand and injured another 14-year-old boy after they found the object and picked it up.
Sheriff Blair Olsen tells KIFI-TV that the boys found the device Wednesday evening behind a granary.
Both boys were taken to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls.
One was treated and released and the other transferred to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Olsen says suspicious objects should be left alone and reported to his office.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March