IDAHO FALLS, Idaho - Authorities in Jefferson County in southeast Idaho say an explosive device severed a 14-year-old boy's left hand and injured another 14-year-old boy after they found the object and picked it up.
Sheriff Blair Olsen tells KIFI-TV that the boys found the device Wednesday evening behind a granary.
Both boys were taken to Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center in Idaho Falls.
One was treated and released and the other transferred to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Olsen says suspicious objects should be left alone and reported to his office.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults