EUGENE, Ore. - The family of a Cottage Grove woman who was killed by a drunken driver is suing the man and two restaurants that served him alcohol.
In the suit filed in Lane County Circuit Court, the family of Theresa Grondona is seeking $9 million. She died in April of last year in a head-on collision with Jeremy Christopher Henry, who is now serving a 10-year sentence for manslaughter and driving under the influence.
The Register-Guard reports the suit claims Henry was served drinks at both restaurants despite being visibly drunk.
The crash occurred about 3 a.m. while Grondona was returning to her job at a market after using her meal break to give a ride home to two friends who had too much to drink.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line