BOISE, Idaho - A bank robber dubbed the "Duffel Bag Bandit" has been sentenced to five years in prison.
U.S. Attorney Wendy J. Olson announced that 57-year-old Gerald Edward Massey of Shreveport, La., received the sentence Tuesday in U.S. District Court in Boise.
Massey in January pleaded guilty to robbing a U.S. Bank branch in Boise of $64,500 in March 2013. He also pleaded guilty to trying to obstruct the investigation by telling a witness to lie to the FBI.
The plea agreement calls for Massey to pay $84,600 in restitution, which includes money obtained in three other robberies that dated back to December 2012.
U.S. District Court Judge B. Lynn Winmill also sentenced Massey to three years of supervised release after he leaves prison.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods