BOISE, Idaho - A 25-year-old Eagle man who caused a crash that killed his 21-year-old female passenger has been sentenced to 15 years in prison.
Twenty-five-year-old Andrew Ryan Cassell received the sentence Thursday in 4th District Court and must serve at least two years in prison before becoming eligible for parole.
Cassell pleaded guilty in March to vehicular manslaughter following the Oct. 31 crash in Boise that killed Aldina Ekic. She died of blunt force trauma to the head.
Police say Cassell had a blood alcohol content of .125 percent, well above the legal limit of .08 percent.
Cassell apologized to Ekic's family at the hearing.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image