CLE ELUM, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol says a 65-year-old driver who parked on the shoulder of the road to retrieve lost items was struck and killed by another vehicle.
The patrol says Richard Pearson, of Wenatchee, was removing items in the eastbound lane of State Route 970 when he was hit. It happened just east of Cle Elum at about 8 p.m. Monday. He died at the scene.
The patrol says no charges are expected in the case.
- Police arrest convicted felon with citizen's help
- End is in sight for Airway Heights water crisis
- Daughter of Spokane officer charged in kidnapping
- Bicyclist suffers life-threatening injuries after being hit by car
- 3 people shot and wounded in Spokane last weekend
- Arrest of man on mental health hold turns violent