Roseburg, OR - Oregon State Police say a man who was struck and killed while changing a tire on Interstate 5 near Canyonville in Douglas County had more room on the shoulder if he had pulled over.
The preliminary investigation indicates 70-year-old Wes Roy Woods of Riddle was changing the tire on the left side of his car Saturday afternoon, kneeling with his feet on the fog line.
Oregon State Police say a semi-truck driver braked and moved quickly to the left when he saw the man, but the rear tires of the semi-trailer hit Woods. He was taken to a hospital in Roseburg where he died.
Police remind drivers to pull completely out of traffic to change a tire.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter