Roseburg, OR - Oregon State Police say a man who was struck and killed while changing a tire on Interstate 5 near Canyonville in Douglas County had more room on the shoulder if he had pulled over.
The preliminary investigation indicates 70-year-old Wes Roy Woods of Riddle was changing the tire on the left side of his car Saturday afternoon, kneeling with his feet on the fog line.
Oregon State Police say a semi-truck driver braked and moved quickly to the left when he saw the man, but the rear tires of the semi-trailer hit Woods. He was taken to a hospital in Roseburg where he died.
Police remind drivers to pull completely out of traffic to change a tire.
- Airmen blocked access to Trump's inauguration by protesters
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time