Baker City, OR - The prosecutor in Baker County says a pit bull that fatally mauled a 5-year-old boy will be put to death.
The Baker City Herald reports the animal was impounded on Friday shortly after the attack on Jordan Ryan.
District Attorney Matt Shirtcliff said Monday he will await the completion of a police investigation before he decides whether to file charges in the case or to present it to the grand jury.
Friends and family members gathered Sunday night for a memorial outside the kindergarten the boy attended
In the cold and wet, they released balloons and once the balloons disappeared into the dark, someone started singing "Amazing Grace" and the assemblage joined in.
- Skeletal remains in Idaho badger den are from 2 children
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved