SEATTLE - The King County sheriff's office says deputies have evicted a disabled Vietnam War veteran from a West Seattle home he lost in foreclosure.
The sheriff's office says Byron Barton and his wife and adult son were arrested about 8 a.m. Friday on trespassing charges but not held. Barton was taken by ambulance to the Seattle VA Hospital because of his health condition.
The family also was evicted last month but moved back in with the help of supporters.
Sheriff King County Sheriff John Urquhart says "There are no winners in this situation."
He says the lawful owner of the home has been the victim of bureaucratic inaction and he won't let politics ride roughshod over the rule of law.
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march
- Otter orders cybersecurity improvements for Idaho