LEWISTON, Idaho - An Idaho County sheriff's deputy has pleaded guilty to felony sexual battery for a sexual relationship he had with a 16-year-old girl last summer.
The Lewiston Tribune reports Daniel L. Funderberg, 31, of Kamiah pleaded guilty Thursday during a hearing before 2nd District Judge John Stegner.
Lewis County Prosecutor Zachary Pall says the plea agreement includes a recommendation for a three- to six-year suspended prison sentence if a psychosexual evaluation determines Funderberg is at low or moderate risk to reoffend. Pall said he also will recommend local jail time, a fine and completion of a sexual offender course.
Funderberg is jailed on $250,000 bail. He was placed on paid administrative leave after the charges were filed in December.
- Ferguson files lawsuit over sexual harassment of farmworkers
- Man ejected from truck found dead at scene
- Escaped inmate located and taken into custody
- 4 Things To Know For April 26
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns