COTTONWOOD, Idaho - Authorities have recaptured two inmates who escaped from the North Idaho Correctional Institution in Cottonwood.
The Idaho Department of Correction says 23-year-old Tyler Dean Davis and 23-year-old Dylan James Ames were found near Clarkston, Washington, Saturday evening and taken into custody without incident.
DOC spokesman Jeff Ray says Asotin County sheriff's deputies located the men, acting on a tip.
The inmates had fled late Wednesday morning while unloading a delivery truck.
Davis' criminal history includes a felony conviction for grand theft, while Ames' history includes felony convictions on drug related charges. Ray says they now face the possibility of escape related charges.
The North Idaho Correctional Institution primarily houses offenders under a retained jurisdiction sentence.
That's a sentencing alternative for offenders who might be viable candidates for probation rather than incarceration.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter