BOISE, Idaho - The attorney for a man charged in connection with a double homicide in Boise says the theft of 30 pounds of marijuana is the motive.
Attorney Randall Barnum also said Thursday that there is little evidence to link 34-year-old Samari P. Winn with the May 8 shooting deaths of 28-year-old Elliott Bailey and 27-year-old Travontae Calloway. A woman was injured.
Winn has pleaded not guilty to two counts of first-degree murder. Prosecutors say Winn led another person to the victims and that person did the shooting. Police are still searching for that person, who hasn't been publicly identified.
The Idaho Statesman reports that Barnum asked 4th District Court Judge Lynn Norton to release Winn on $50,000 bond, but Norton denied the motion.
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car