TACOMA, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol says a semi-truck driver maintained remarkable control when a deer crashed through the windshield of the truck cab on Interstate 5 Monday in Tacoma.
Trooper Guy Gill says the driver was able to take an exit and pull over to the shoulder with the dead deer draped over the steering column.
Gill told KOMO the deer jumped the Jersey barrier into traffic about 10:30 a.m. near the Bridgeport Way exit and went through the truck window broadside.
The driver suffered minor injuries from flying glass.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image