TACOMA, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol says a semi-truck driver maintained remarkable control when a deer crashed through the windshield of the truck cab on Interstate 5 Monday in Tacoma.
Trooper Guy Gill says the driver was able to take an exit and pull over to the shoulder with the dead deer draped over the steering column.
Gill told KOMO the deer jumped the Jersey barrier into traffic about 10:30 a.m. near the Bridgeport Way exit and went through the truck window broadside.
The driver suffered minor injuries from flying glass.
- Preparing for potential flooding
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods