EVERETT, Wash. - The number of confirmed deaths in the Washington state mudslide rose to 30 on Thursday with the release of another victim's name.
The Snohomish County medical examiner's office says 67-year-old Gloria Halstead of Arlington died of multiple blunt force injuries in the accident. She had been on the list of missing, which now drops to 17.
Recovery crews are still searching for bodies in the March 22 landslide that crushed the community of Oso, about 55 miles north of Seattle.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march