PORTLAND, Ore. - Authorities have identified a Multnomah County jail inmate who died in his cell as Sandro Perezbejar.
He was booked into the jail almost a year ago and was awaiting trial on charges of sex abuse and sodomy. A jail deputy discovered the body late Saturday -- just 10 minutes before the inmate was to turn 39 years old.
The county medical examiner ruled the death a suicide.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults