Portland, OR - The co-founder of Dave's Killer Bread is back in Washington County Jail after pleading not guilty Friday to criminal charges from a police chase last November.
The Oregonian reports 51-year-old Dave Dahl is being held on $520,000 bail. He had been charged including assault, unlawful use of a weapon and resisting arrest.
Dahl was arrested on Nov. 14 after leading Washington County deputies on a half-mile chase and ramming two patrol cars. Three deputies had non-life-threatening injuries.
Court documents show the deputies were initially responding to a 911 call from a woman in Dahl's home who reported he was having a mental breakdown.
The face of the organic bread company has a criminal history that includes 15 years in and out of prison on drug, assault and robbery charges.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home