TWIN FALLS, Idaho - One of two motorcycle daredevils is calling off plans to try to attempt a jump over the Snake River Canyon in Idaho that Evel Knievel failed to complete 40 years ago.
The Times-News reports "Big Ed" Beckley of Texas made the announcement on his website Saturday.
Despite spending $1.6 million on the project, Beckley has faced multiple challenges preparing for the jump near Twin Falls ever since he announced his plans nearly a year ago. Most recently, Fox Broadcasting opted out of the jump because of budget concerns and time restraints.
Beckley says he won't attempt the jump unless a network pays him several millions of dollars so he can recoup his costs.
Hollywood stuntman Eddie Braun's attorney says he will still jump the canyon Sept. 7.
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March
- Thousands turn out for Women's March on Spokane