TWIN FALLS, Idaho - One of two motorcycle daredevils is calling off plans to try to attempt a jump over the Snake River Canyon in Idaho that Evel Knievel failed to complete 40 years ago.
The Times-News reports "Big Ed" Beckley of Texas made the announcement on his website Saturday.
Despite spending $1.6 million on the project, Beckley has faced multiple challenges preparing for the jump near Twin Falls ever since he announced his plans nearly a year ago. Most recently, Fox Broadcasting opted out of the jump because of budget concerns and time restraints.
Beckley says he won't attempt the jump unless a network pays him several millions of dollars so he can recoup his costs.
Hollywood stuntman Eddie Braun's attorney says he will still jump the canyon Sept. 7.
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'
- Humane Society volunteer wins award for shelter