Helan, MT - U.S. Rep. Steve Daines' new fundraising totals show he has more than $1 million on hand as he considers a run for the U.S. Senate.
Daines' totals released Tuesday for the most recent quarter show he has taken in $640,000 as interest has grown in his possible Senate candidacy. So far he has spent little of the money.
The Republican has said he is considering running for the first open Senate seat in the state since the 1970s. U.S. Sen. Max Baucus has announced he is retiring at the end of 2014.
Republicans expect Daines to run.
Former Republican state Sen. Corey Stapleton has switched his Senate campaign to a run for Daines' House seat. Stapleton reported Tuesday that he has raised a total of $300,000 so far.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th