MISSOULA, Mont. - Officials in northwestern Montana say a 62-year-old Missoula man is missing and presumed drowned after falling off a boat in Middle Thompson Lake, about 45 miles southeast of Libby.
The Lincoln County sheriff's office tells KECI-TV that Anthony Joseph Bachmann fell off the bow of a moving pontoon boat at about 6 p.m. Saturday.
Others on the boat tried to rescue Bachmann, but were unsuccessful. He was not wearing a life jacket.
Sheriff Roby Bowe says efforts to recover Bachmann's body continued Monday. The lake is about 160 feet deep on the spot where Bachmann fell into the water.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting