MISSOULA, Mont. - Officials in northwestern Montana say a 62-year-old Missoula man is missing and presumed drowned after falling off a boat in Middle Thompson Lake, about 45 miles southeast of Libby.
The Lincoln County sheriff's office tells KECI-TV that Anthony Joseph Bachmann fell off the bow of a moving pontoon boat at about 6 p.m. Saturday.
Others on the boat tried to rescue Bachmann, but were unsuccessful. He was not wearing a life jacket.
Sheriff Roby Bowe says efforts to recover Bachmann's body continued Monday. The lake is about 160 feet deep on the spot where Bachmann fell into the water.
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity