WHITEFISH, Mont. - A 6-year-old girl from Alberta died and her mother and two brothers were injured when the sport utility vehicle her mother was driving went out of control and skidded into the path of a pickup truck on U.S. Highway 93 north of Whitefish.
The Montana Highway Patrol says the woman was traveling northbound pulling a trailer shortly after 3 p.m. Sunday when the SUV swerved into the southbound lane and collided with a pickup truck pulling a 27-foot fifth-wheel trailer.
The SUV came to rest on its top.
Flathead County officials tell the Flathead Beacon that Krissie Lynn Shirlaw of Cochrane, Alberta, Canada, died at the scene.
The 30-year-old woman and her sons, ages 4 and 8, were hospitalized in Whitefish. The 60-year-old Olney-area man who was driving the truck was treated at a Kalispell hospital.
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Naked man arrested in community college women's bathroom
- 4 Things to Know for April 28th