Salem, OR - Cover Oregon is launching a second series of television ads to promote the online marketplace where consumers can shop for health insurance under the federal health care overhaul.
The three ads launched Monday are designed to educate the public about Cover Oregon. One highlights the ability to compare insurance plans. Another touts federal subsidies that lower the costs for some people. The third says nobody can be excluded for pre-existing conditions.
The narrated ads don't have images: They just show text on a colorful backdrop. That's in contrast to Cover Oregon's first round of commercials, which featured local musicians singing catchy tunes.
Nearly all Americans are required to have health insurance next year or pay a fine. People without insurance can shop for it on CoverOregon.com beginning in October.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position