Helena, MT - Two Anaconda cousins are suspected of trying to rob a Helena casino over the weekend.
One ended up in the hospital after a casino employee beat him with an aluminum baseball bat.
Police Chief Troy McGee says 38-year-old Joshua James Kline was hospitalized after the attempted robbery at the Copper Club Casino late Saturday while 39-year-old George Kelly Kline Jr., was found hiding under a bed at a friend's house in Butte on Sunday. Both face felony robbery charges.
Police say two men walked into the casino and demanded money. An employee ordered them to leave, but one of the men punched the employee. The employee hit an alarm button, grabbed a baseball bat and hit both men. He held Joshua Kline under police arrived.
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting
- Deputies, suspect involved in Blanchard shooting identified
- Lind-Ritzville schools announce early release Tuesday