GREAT FALLS, Mont. - A 19-year-old Vaughn woman and her boyfriend are charged with leaving her 11-month-old daughter home alone for several hours while they went to work.
Ashli Ayers and 21-year-old Terry Goodspeed III made initial court appearances Monday on charges of felony criminal endangerment and misdemeanor child welfare endangerment.
The Great Falls Tribune reports the baby's great-grandmother found the girl locked in her bedroom without supervision at about 2 p.m. Sunday.
Charging documents say Ayers and Goodspeed told Cascade County sheriff's deputies that they had left the baby alone between 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m., when Goodspeed drove Ayers in to Great Falls to work. Goodspeed said he left the baby alone beginning at 11:30 a.m., when he went to work.
Prosecutors asked that bond be set at $2,500 each. Court officials say neither had an attorney.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car