OCEAN SHORES, Wash. - A husband and wife from Spanaway barely survived a rip current at an Ocean Shores beach.
KBKW reports emergency responders answered a 911 call on Monday afternoon and found a 44-year-old man on the beach having difficulty breathing.
He said his wife was caught in a rip current and he went to help her, but got caught himself. The 43-year-old woman was still in the surf, about 300 feet off shore, beyond the breakers.
A 29-year-old Lynnwood man used his boogie board to reach her and bring her close to shore where they were met by medics.
The husband and wife were treated at Grays Harbor Community Hospital in Aberdeen for exhaustion and ingesting seawater.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position