BILLINGS, Mont. - Prosecutors in Billings say a man and his girlfriend used a lighter to burn his 6-year-old daughter.
Blaine K. Startin Jr. and Amber Irene Reynolds are charged with felony assault on a minor and an alternative charge of felony attempt to commit obstructing justice.
The Billings Gazette reports the girl's mother told police she found bruising and multiple burn marks after picking up her daughter from the 43-year-old Startin's home on Feb. 14.
Hospital officials said the bruising appeared to be from someone holding her down and the burns appeared to be from a lighter.
The 30-year-old Reynolds told police the neck bruising was from a balloon and the burns may have been from an open oven door.
Justice Court Judge Pedro Hernandez set their bonds at $25,000 Thursday.
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line
- Providence Health Care to break ground on new behavioral health hospital
- Man charged with almost a dozen sexual assaults