PORTLAND, Ore. - A team of counselors is available at a Hillsboro middle school to help students and staff members grieving the loss of a 13-year-old boy who drowned.
Michael Garcia-Ixtacua was one of four family members who drowned Monday at Henry Hagg Lake, a popular swimming spot west of Portland.
Evergreen Middle School principal Rian Petrick said the counselors were to be on hand until 3 p.m. Wednesday, and support will also be available when students return next week for the new school year.
Michael was getting ready to start the 8th grade.
His mother, sister and uncle also died Monday. No one saw what happened, and law enforcement officials said they found no sign of foul play.
The lake reopened Wednesday.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River