Eugene, OR - The Eugene City Council approved an ordinance Monday night to allow small homeless camps for no more than 15 people each on land owned by the city, churches or nonprofit groups in commercial or industrial areas.
The Register-Guard reports the camps would be managed by volunteers or the nonprofits who would be responsible for garbage service and portable toilets.
- Private plowers celebrating winter weather
- Providence Health Care restricting visitors to combat flu season
- Statuses updated for injured Bonner deputies, suspected shooter
- Spokane Public Schools explains decision to hold class Wednesday
- Spokane crews working to fight potential floods
- Police investigate north Spokane shooting