Eugene, OR - The Eugene City Council approved an ordinance Monday night to allow small homeless camps for no more than 15 people each on land owned by the city, churches or nonprofit groups in commercial or industrial areas.
The Register-Guard reports the camps would be managed by volunteers or the nonprofits who would be responsible for garbage service and portable toilets.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home