Missoula, MT - A Missoula County coroner's jury has determined the August shooting death of a Missoula man was not a criminal act.
The Missoulian reports a coroner's jury reached its decision Friday in the death of 23-year-old Chad Goodman. Goodman was shot early on Aug. 18 by a 21-year-old acquaintance, Justin Nelson.
Nelson testified that the two were at his apartment looking at a gun Nelson had purchased. Nelson said Goodman handed the gun back to him and he pulled back the slide to make sure the chamber was empty when the gun somehow fired. Goodman was hit underneath his right arm.
Deputy Missoula County Attorney Jason Marks said the outcome was what he expected, but said the inquest allowed the facts to be revealed in a public setting.
- Spokane family knows first hand high demand for behavioral health services
- North Monroe project to move forward despite lingering concerns
- Bloomsday looking for more volunteers
- Historic Ridpath hotel to be turned into affordable housing
- Problematic drug house in Spokane boarded up
- Local school district tackles '13 Reasons Why'