KUNA, Idaho - Officials have identified the child who died in an Idaho school bus crash as 11-year-old Daniel Robert Cook.
Canyon County Coroner Vicki DeGeus-Morris confirmed the child's identity. She says the boy died of blunt force trauma sustained in Thursday morning's collision, which also injured four children.
The bus was carrying 12 kids to a Kuna (KYOO'-nuh) elementary school when it collided with a dump truck at a rural intersection. Four children were taken to the hospital with injuries, and the bus driver was taken to a hospital for emotional distress.
Sheriff's spokeswoman Theresa Baker says all the kids were sixth-graders or younger. The names and conditions of the injured children have not yet been released.
- 4 Things To Know For Tuesday, April 25
- City Council approves $1.75m loan for Ridpath Redevelopment
- Mail Theft Ring Suspect Arrested
- City working to fill potholes despite poor road conditions
- Wrongful death lawsuit over case of Brenda Thurman still unresolved
- Post Falls company under fire for racist image