BANGOR, Wash. - An Alaska-based company that provides operations support for Kitsap County Navy bases is planning layoffs.
The Kitsap Sun reports that Chugach Federal Services has notified 83 workers that they will be laid off on Oct. 1.
The Anchorage, Alaska-based company provides services such as security operations, fire and emergency, management of medical and nonmedical facilities, pest control, vehicle and equipment, environmental and utilities.
Chugach officials say the company has tried to be more efficient and to cut costs over the past two years, leading to the layoffs.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line