BANGOR, Wash. - An Alaska-based company that provides operations support for Kitsap County Navy bases is planning layoffs.
The Kitsap Sun reports that Chugach Federal Services has notified 83 workers that they will be laid off on Oct. 1.
The Anchorage, Alaska-based company provides services such as security operations, fire and emergency, management of medical and nonmedical facilities, pest control, vehicle and equipment, environmental and utilities.
Chugach officials say the company has tried to be more efficient and to cut costs over the past two years, leading to the layoffs.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March