BANGOR, Wash. - An Alaska-based company that provides operations support for Kitsap County Navy bases is planning layoffs.
The Kitsap Sun reports that Chugach Federal Services has notified 83 workers that they will be laid off on Oct. 1.
The Anchorage, Alaska-based company provides services such as security operations, fire and emergency, management of medical and nonmedical facilities, pest control, vehicle and equipment, environmental and utilities.
Chugach officials say the company has tried to be more efficient and to cut costs over the past two years, leading to the layoffs.
- Fossil fuel transportation initiative has concerned citizens speaking up
- Police search for missing Hayden woman
- Spokane wants your donations to go to charitable organizations, not individuals
- Bob Ferguson disappointed court narrowed travel ban freeze
- Idaho website hacked with pro-Islamic State message
- Stolen purse returned to 92-year-old woman