SNOQUALMIE PASS, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol says a truck driver whose tractor-trailer rig spun out on Interstate 90 and crashed over a highway barrier was left hanging over a steep embankment near Snoqualmie Pass for more than an hour.
KOMO-TV reports the front half of the rig crashed over a jersey barrier on the eastbound shoulder of the highway. Trooper Darren Wright says the driver and truck cab were hanging over an embankment that dropped at least 40 feet.
Wright says emergency workers were able to free the driver in about an hour.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position