SNOQUALMIE PASS, Wash. - The Washington State Patrol says a truck driver whose tractor-trailer rig spun out on Interstate 90 and crashed over a highway barrier was left hanging over a steep embankment near Snoqualmie Pass for more than an hour.
KOMO-TV reports the front half of the rig crashed over a jersey barrier on the eastbound shoulder of the highway. Trooper Darren Wright says the driver and truck cab were hanging over an embankment that dropped at least 40 feet.
Wright says emergency workers were able to free the driver in about an hour.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River