BOISE, Idaho - Authorities have released the name of a Colorado pilot killed in a midair collision involving two small private planes in central Idaho.
Valley County Coroner Nathan Hess on Thursday told the Idaho Statesman that 45-year-old Michael A. Bond died in the Monday morning crash about 30 miles east of Cascade.
Authorities say 52-year-old Amy Hoover of Ellensburg, Washington, landed her plane in a grassy area after the collision.
The plane carrying Bond crashed and caused a small fire. Both pilots were flying alone.
Hess told The Associated Press the pilots were working together but he didn't know the circumstances.
He also didn't know Bond's hometown.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car