LEWISTON, Idaho - A 19-year-old Coeur d'Alene man died early Saturday morning after he was found unconscious in his cell at the Nez Perce County Detention Center just after midnight.
The Idaho State Police has identified the man as Chad Vincent Gardner.
According to a news release, an autopsy is taking place Monday in Spokane under the direction of Nez Perce County Coroner Gary Gilliam.
The Idaho State Police Critical Incident Team has been called in to investigate Gardner's death.
- North Idaho millionare's estate up for auction
- Many seniors, mentally ill patients losing affordable housing
- Demand for new homes increasing, as is need for skilled workers and land
- Pickup plunges over 200-foot cliff, killing driver
- Domestic violence suspect flees after high speed chase
- Two men charged with burglarizing home