LEWISTON, Idaho - A 19-year-old Coeur d'Alene man died early Saturday morning after he was found unconscious in his cell at the Nez Perce County Detention Center just after midnight.
The Idaho State Police has identified the man as Chad Vincent Gardner.
According to a news release, an autopsy is taking place Monday in Spokane under the direction of Nez Perce County Coroner Gary Gilliam.
The Idaho State Police Critical Incident Team has been called in to investigate Gardner's death.
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position
- National Weather Service issues Ice Storm Warning for Grant County
- Thousands turn out for MLK march