PORTLAND, Ore. - The U.S. Coast Guard rescued a sailor whose boat capsized six miles north of Port Townsend, Wash.
Coast Guard spokesman Nathan Littlejohn says a response boat arrived on the scene Saturday afternoon to find that the sailor had managed to right the overturned boat.
The Port Angeles-based crew threw a line to the distressed sailor, helping him aboard the response boat. He was not hurt.
Littlejohn says the sailor's 19-foot homemade sailboat was towed to Point Hudson Marina in Port Townsend.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line