SEATTLE - A Coast Guard aircrew has medically evacuated a male passenger from the cruise ship Explorer of the Seas, near La Push.
The 66-year-old man, who was reportedly suffering from internal bleeding, was safely airlifted Thursday morning and taken to Olympic Memorial Hospital in Port Angeles.
The Coast Guard's Puget Sound station received a call at 3:15 a.m. from the cruise ship, which was headed to Victoria, Canada, requesting help for the passenger.
A crew aboard a Dolphin helicopter took off at 4 a.m. and arrived on scene within 30 minutes.
There was no immediate word on the man's condition or what caused the medical emergency.
- Spokane police officer saves woman from burning car
- Update: Northern Idaho authorities clear deputy in fatal crash
- One person killed in early morning house fire
- Viral video features Spokane area airmen being blocked by protesters
- 92-year-old man attempts snow shoeing for first time
- Thousands participate in Spokane Women's March