SEATTLE - A Coast Guard aircrew has medically evacuated a male passenger from the cruise ship Explorer of the Seas, near La Push.
The 66-year-old man, who was reportedly suffering from internal bleeding, was safely airlifted Thursday morning and taken to Olympic Memorial Hospital in Port Angeles.
The Coast Guard's Puget Sound station received a call at 3:15 a.m. from the cruise ship, which was headed to Victoria, Canada, requesting help for the passenger.
A crew aboard a Dolphin helicopter took off at 4 a.m. and arrived on scene within 30 minutes.
There was no immediate word on the man's condition or what caused the medical emergency.
- Driver arrested after Spokane Valley crash injures four juveniles
- Lawmakers don't want pot billboards to be appealing to kids
- Thousands of pennies to help nonprofit school
- Hundreds 'March for Science' in Spokane
- Pink Ribbon Run will raise funds for local breast cancer patients
- STA one step closer to Central City Line