BELLINGHAM, Wash. - The U.S. Coast Guard says two men were rescued after their canoe overturned off Bellingham.
The men were in Portage Channel near Lummi Island on Saturday morning. A witness on shore called authorities just before 11 a.m. to say he could see that the men were in the water. Neither was wearing a life jacket.
A crew in a 25-foot boat responded from the Coast Guard station in Bellingham, and found the men with the help of a U.S. Customs and Border Protection helicopter.
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives
- National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River