BENTON CITY, Wash. - The girls wrestling coach at Kiona-Benton City High School is seeking a restraining order against the school board president.
The Tri-City Herald reported Wednesday that the request follows an incident at a recent wrestling match in Richland.
School board president Tim Cook was allegedly abusive after he heard coach Holly Graham talking to district officials about his improperly being on the wrestling floor. Cook has a daughter who wrestles for the high school.
Graham says Cook kept trying to get closer to her and kept raising his voice.
Court documents say the order would prevent Cook from approaching Graham or contacting her.
A Benton County District Court judge will hear Graham's request Tuesday.
- Preparing for icy winter weather
- Neighbor of suspect shocked by shooting
- SPD officers attempted tasing suspect before resorting to deadly force
- Unvaccinated students forced to stay home due to mumps outbreak
- 2 Bonner County deputies shot near Blanchard
- Baldwin leaving EWU for Cal offensive coordinator position