SEATTLE - Prosecutors and defense lawyers are giving closing arguments Monday in the trial of a man charged with murder in a deadly shooting at Seattle Pacific University in 2014.
Aaron Ybarra is accused of fatally shooting 19-year-old Paul Lee and wounding two others. The 29-year-old has pleaded not guilty by reason of insanity to first-degree murder and other charges in the case.
News media report that Lee's family and Ybarra's mother are in King County Superior Court.
Charging papers say Ybarra scouted the campus before he returned on June 5, 2014, with the intent of committing a mass shooting he did not expect to survive.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives