SEATTLE - Seattle police are trying to determine why a man climbed a 200-foot electrical tower where he apparently electrocuted himself on a 120,000-volt line.
Witnesses reported seeing a flash of crackling sparks before 1 a.m. Friday and the man falling.
He landed on a platform at about the 150-foot level where the body was recovered by a fire department technical team after Seattle City Light turned off the electricity.
City Light spokesman Peter Clarke says the man could have climbed up the metal lattice of a tower leg and the utility will be reviewing that to make it less easy.
- Idaho city officials eye former mill site along Spokane River
- Spokane man accused of sexually assaulting women faces serious penalties
- Trinity Catholic School breaks ground on new facillity
- New report says Spokane spends $1M on cops in schools
- Spokane man splits top prize in television reality show
- A robot that picks apples? Replacing humans worries some