KENNEWICK, Wash. - Firefighters say a child playing with matches started a fire Wednesday that caused about $12,000 damage to a house in Kennewick.
Capt. Joe Terpenning says the fire started near a fence and spread to the house and into the attic.
The Tri-City Herald reports a family was displaced by the fire.
- I-90 over Snoqualmie Pass closed all day, night
- Man killed in weekend officer-involved shooting identified
- Neighbors shocked about Blanchard shooting
- SPD investigating alleged attempted child abduction
- 179 "at risk" students to be excluded from school due to mumps outbreak
- SIRR team investigating weekend officer-involved shooting