SEQUIM, Wash. - Park officials say the Enchanted Valley Chalet in Olympic National Park is being relocated to protect the east fork of the Quinault River.
Enchanted Valley will be closed to camping for the first two weeks of September, while the move takes place.
Park officials say hikers and horse riders may continue to pass through the area if they are escorted by park staff.
The Graves Creek Stock Camp -- which is located near the Graves Creek trailhead -- will also be closed between Sept. 1 and 14 to accommodate stock animals and handlers transporting supplies and equipment during the project.
Monroe House Moving, Inc. of Sequim, Washington has been awarded the contract to move the building. Changes in weather could affect their schedule.
- Community helps SPD find hit and run suspect
- Several rallies, marches fill Spokane
- Woman arrested for South Hill hit and run
- Give 4 Kids raises over $58k for Children's Miracle Network
- Man who lost leg in motorcycle crash reunites with dentist who saved him
- 3D printing technology helps cardiologists save lives