BELLEVUE, Idaho - The family of a Utah billionaire is asking the central Idaho city of Bellevue to annex 227 acres of its 700-acre Flying Hat ranch north of the city.
The Idaho Mountain Express reports that the Bellevue City Council on Monday unanimously supported the request by the family of Spencer Eccles.
The family didn't offer details to the council about what the Eccles plan for what are now irrigated fields between Bellevue and Hailey.
The council directed city planning staff to move ahead with the annexation process which goes before the Planning and Zoning Commission on June 28.
The area is currently zoned in Blaine County to allow either five residences per acre or 10 residences per acre.
Annexation could allow for increased development density.
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump
- Accidental drug overdoses on the rise in Spokane
- Local businesses worried about transients next door
- Spokane woman writes letter to man who broke into her car
- Don't leave valuable property in your car