TACOMA, Wash. - A Pierce County man who reported his girlfriend missing is accused of killing her and dumping her body in Belfair.
Pierce County prosecutors on Thursday charged 41-year-old William Grisso with first-degree murder.
A not guilty plea was entered on his behalf in Superior Court. Bail was set at $1 million.
Court documents show Grisso told police he returned home on June 30 to find 45-year-old Nancy Gardner gone. He said her cell phone, wallet and keys were in the house but her pistol was missing.
Documents show detectives observed what appeared to be blood on Grisso's shoes when they interviewed him. They later found Gardner's pistol in his car.
Investigators also traced the coordinates of three photos taken on Gardner's cellphone. They went to where the flower photos were taken and found Gardner's body.
Prosecutors say the photos were taken about the time Grisso told police he was out searching for her.
- I-90 closed at Vantage Bridge due to crash
- What's considered low-income in Spokane?
- Former WSU student sentenced to 12 years for drugs
- CDA students fuse technology, creativity and garner international attention
- Carlyle to stop providing assisted living housing in October
- Monday least expensive day to fill up at the pump